Who we are
Peninsula Underwriting Limited (“we”, “our” or “us”) is a Gibraltar-based underwriting agent offering various UK market-sourced insurance products to intermediaries in Gibraltar, and the UK.We are licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission., Licence No: FSC00984B
We understand the importance of the security and privacy of personal information and we are committed to protecting it from unauthorised access and disclosure. This Privacy Notice discloses our privacy practices, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2004, and Gibraltar General DataProtection Regulation (the “Gibraltar GDPR”). Peninsula is registered with the data protection regulator in Gibraltar, The Gibraltar Regulatory Authority “GRA” www.gra.gi
How we use your data
Peninsula act as Data Controller and we may store personal information electronically and on physical files. When providing services to you / your clients (“you”, “your”) we sometimes collect personal information capable of identifying, or relating to, an individual.The following is the legal basis under which we process this personal information. In most cases it will be one of the following or a combination of them depending on individual circumstances:
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you;
- For our and your legitimate interests, to provide services to you and to maintain communications with you regarding the services;
- and To comply with our legal and professional obligations, such as due diligence and reporting obligations.
We collect personal information through proposal forms, by telephone, face-to-face or by email. Ifyou are providing us with personal information about someone other than yourself, we ask that you make sure they are aware they are doing so, and that they are made aware of this privacy notice.
We may collect the following personal information:
- Names, addresses, date of birth, email addresses and other contact information;
- Business information; Identification documents; Previous convictions; Any other information as required by the type of policy the client is obtaining or any anti-money laundering regulations.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide the services and fulfil our contractual obligations with you;
- To obtain quotes for insurance as requested by you;
- To handle queries and complaints from you;
- To conduct due diligence which is required to comply with anti-money laundering and industry regulations;
- To exercise, defend or protect our legal rights or your rights or third parties; and
- To comply with legal and professional obligations and to co-operate with the regulatory bodies.
We may have to provide information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- To intermediaries, underwriters, insurers, insurance industry databases and business partners for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations and deliver our services;
- To any law enforcement body, regulator, court, government department or professional body if we were obliged to disclose your personal information under applicable laws and regulations, which may include laws outside your country of residence;
- To any third-party purchaser, seller, investor or partner in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
Appropriate, reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that adequate security measures and confidentiality undertakings are in place to protect the information shared.
We maintain appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data against misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration. These measures are reviewed on a regular basis.
We are responsible for the personal information we process.
We will keep your information so long as a relationship exists between you and us, for us to meet
our contractual obligations with you. After our relationship terminates, we will keep the information for a maximum of 5 years thereafter as per compliance requirements.
Your Data Protection Rights
As a Data Subject under data protection law, you have a number of rights we would like to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information. Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with how we have used your data and wish to make a complaint, please contact us at:
Peninsula Underwriting Limited
Suite 1A, Tisa House
143 Main Street,
Tel: (+350) 20059249
You also have the right to complain to the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (the “GRA”) if you wish to take the matter further.
Gibraltar Regulatory Authority,
2nd Floor, Eurotowers 4,
1 Europort Road,
Tel: (+350) 20074636
Changes to this privacy notice